Current Biotechnology Degree (3053) Students
This page is dedicated to 3053 Biotechnology students within BABS. Students can direct any enquiries related to this program to the BSB Student Office or the Program Coordinator, Associate Professor Christopher Marquis.
Click here for study plan and FAQs regarding the 3053 program structure.
Fourth Year Honours
The fourth year of the 3053 program is a research-only year, culminating in a research thesis. Full information is available on our Future Honours Students page. Research projects currently available in BABS can be reviewed here.
A variety of scholarships are available for Bitotech students, for those still in their undergraduate years as well as students looking to do a postgraduate degree. UNSW offers a wide range of scholarships for students at all stages of their degree. Log in to the website with your student ID and find scholarships that may suit your situation. http://www.scholarships.unsw.edu.au/
Summer Vacation Research Scholarships
The Faculty of Science offers vacation research scholarships for undergraduate science students - check details here. Applications open mid-year. Click here for information on projects offered by the School of BABS.
Careers in Biotechnology
UNSW provides free career advice for all students (this service is available for 18 months after graduation). Learn how to write a successful resume, make an impression in an interview, or just receive general information on employment. Refer to: Careers and Employment
AusBiotech - Australia's Biotechnology Organisation
Ausbiotech is an organisation which represents the Australian biotechnology industry and offer student membership rates: http://www.ausbiotech.org/
- Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics
- National Stem Cell Foundation of Australia
- Children's Medical Research Institute
- Dairy Futures Cooperative Research Centre
- Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
- Australian Government Department of Education
- Australian Government Department of Employment
- Australian Government Department of the Environment
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Australian Government Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- CSIRO Health
- CSIRO Ecosystems and Biodiversity
- CSIRO Agriculture Flagship
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand
- Murdoch Children's Medical Research Institute
- National Health and Medical Research Council
- Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland
- Australian Government Office of the Gene Technology Regulator
- Invasive Animals Cooperative Research Centre
- CRC for Sugar Industry Innovation