Dingo DNA Testing
DNA tests developed from research performed primarily within BABS under the supervision of the late Associate Professor Alan Wilton are available to assess domestic dog introgression into dingoes, or dingo purity. This genetic testing is overseen by Professor Bill Ballard and his PhD Student Kylie Cairns.
Guidelines, Pricing and Payment, How to Book Tests
(from within australia only)
- For full details, please refer to the Dingo DNA Submission Instructions.
- We accept tissue samples, blood samples (in EDTA or on FTA cards) and buccal swabs. Scat samples are not accepted as we are not a PC2 facility.
- All samples must be accompanied by a completed Dingo Sample Sheet for DNA Testing
- Payment is required before DNA testing can be commenced (evidence of payment or a cheque must be sent with samples).
- The average turnaround time for dingo genetic testing is 4-6 weeks.
- The cost of dingo genetic testing per sample is $150.00 (GST included)
- Bulk discounts may apply for large numbers of samples (multiples of 45 or 93). Please contact Kylie Cairns for a quote and further information.
- By credit card when booking online - please print and send copy of online order page with evidence of credit card payment
- By cheque after booking online - pease print and send copy of online order page with your cheque
All tests should be booked online as the first step.
Mailing address for submission of samples:
After booking online, samples should be submitted to:
Dingo Genetic Testing
School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences
Room 229 Biological Sciences Building
The University of NSW
Sydney NSW 2052
Each sample must be accompanied by:
- Completed Dingo Sample Sheet.
- Copy of online order confirmation page.
- Receipt/evidence of credit card payment, or cheque for full payment amount.
Please address any enquiries to Kylie Cairns at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone +61(0)2 9385-2036 or 9385-2029
NB: Inquiries from outside Australia regarding DNA testing should be sent directly to Kylie Cairns.