The PhD top-up and publication scholarship scheme is a school-funded initiative to provide support to PhD students enrolled in BABS and to encourage students to publish their work.
For more information consult the Guidelines and Application Form.
1st Year Top-Up Scholarships
- Candidates must be enrolled/enrolling in a BABS PhD program
- Candidates must hold a primary competitive postgraduate scholarship (RTP, UPA, UIPA or TFS)
- Candidates must NOT hold any other top-up scholarship (e.g. Scientia scholarship holders are not eligible
- No application is required
- The School will notify successful candidates
Funding: The top-up comprises a $5,000 lump sum payment.
- Candidates currently enrolled (not on leave), provided candidature is on track for completion within 4 years full-time (or part-time equivalent)
- Candidates must NOT hold any other top-up scholarship (e.g. Scientia scholarship holders are not eligible)
- Annual progress reviews must be completed and up to date
- Papers published/accepted with the student as 1st author
- Publications must be accepted within 3.5 years full-time enrolment (or part-time equivalent)
- BABS must be listed as your affiliation on the paper
- Journal must have an impact factor of 3 or higher (Publications in journals with no impact factor will be assessed on a case by case basis)
- Students who received the BABS top up/publication scholarship previously for a publication cannot apply again for the same publication
- Candidates can find impact factors by searching for the journal on Web of Science (go to Web of Science and click on ‘Journal Citation Reports’ in the top horizontal menu)
- Applications must be submitted to email@example.com by October 21
- The School will notify all applicants of the result via their UNSW student email address
Funding: The publication scholarship comprises a $2,500 lump sum payment per publication.
The School allocates a limited number of scholarships each year so this may be competitive. Applications will be assessed and ranked based on journal impact factor.
All enquiries should be directed to the BABS Postgraduate Administrator or phone (02) 9385 2029.